Healing With Ariculotherapy
What is Auriculotherapy?
- Auriculotherapy is a technique of using points on the skin of the auricle (external ear) to support pain and out of balance conditions of the body. Also referred to as Auricular Medicine, practitioners all over the world use this therapy to treat pain, addictions and internal disorders with excellent results. Whether used in conjunction with another treatment or by itself, auriculotherapy is often effective when other treatments have failed. Best of all, it is safe, non-invasive and virtually free of side effects.
How does Auriculotherapy work?
- Specific points on the ear have been mapped for the treatment of specific problems. These points, when stimulated, often have positive effects on the target area of the body. The exact mechanism by which points on the ear affect other parts of the body is the subject of ongoing research, and several theories are currently under investigation.
What should I expect?
- Doctor Darryl will usually begin with a conversation to determine your specific needs. Once a protocol is determined he will scan your ear with an electrical device to find all active points that need to be stimulated. Once active points are located they will be stimulated via an electrical device using micro-current. The procedure is virtually painless and usually takes about 15 minutes to complete.
How quickly can I expect relief?
- Auriculotherapy often produces very rapid effects. Some treatments take effect immediately, while others are cumulative in nature, become increasingly effective with more treatments.
What can Auriculotherapy support?
- Auriculotherapy is most commonly used for pain control, addictions and cravings, weight loss, and help with mental or emotional problems. Points and protocols exist for the treatment of many internal disorders as well. Because Auriculotherapy can address any part of the body, nearly any problem can be treated by Auriculotherapy as a primary or complementary form of care.A sampling of the numerous auriculotherapy treatments available include:
- Knee Pain
- Bladder Control
- Smoking Withdrawal
- Drug Addiction
- Sore Throat
- Gall Bladder
- Vision Problems
- Weight Control
And hundreds more… Ask Doctor Darryl about the options specific for you!